Sunday, November 9, 2014

It's been a few days since I spoke to you again. I'm glad your boat was able to have its repairs done so efficiently, but I'll always want you home with me - with us. It makes me happy to know you'll be home for Christmas, but it also makes me eager for December to hurry up. I'll have you here with me for a few days, and it will actually 'feel' like Christmas. Mom and I actually attempted to listen to Christmas music the other day, and we weren't even into the chorus before we both said "Shut it off!" It's just not time for it yet, and we couldn't stand it! I don't think I'll ever understand why stores are so insistent on rushing the Christmas shopping before Halloween's even over. It's quite ridiculous.

Marlena has become more active than ever, probably the result of my staying busy on my feet. I think she likes it better when I'm resting and she can settle and be comfy. I've been having more backaches, though, and more heartburn and less sleep. I hope cuddling with you isn't going to be very difficult when you come home for the holidays. I want so much to be wrapped up in your arms, even and especially with this little one between us. I want to see your face when you feel her moving around again, and to feel her for myself when she hears your lullaby right there next to her.

This coming week begins my last set of classes - I'll try to write them down sufficiently so that you stay in the loop. I still wish more than anything that you were here to take the classes with me, but I'll try to make sure you know what I know, so that you don't have to worry and panic so much when Marlena finally arrives. I suppose that's just one of the many reasons I want you back on the surface where at least I can hear your voice and occasionally see your face. We have so much to sort out in just a few months - I know we can do it, I just wish we could hurry up and get it all done.

I think of you every day, and wonder in those moments just what you're up to. I wonder if you're thinking of me, or if you're busy enough to not worry about me - both ideas make me happy, because it means you're not wasting away doing nothing. Don't forget that you mean the world to me, and I'm so proud of all that you're doing, and all that you've done. I love you, muffin.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love her way...