Marlena's been very active recently - painfully so. Her kicks and rolls and shoves are more pronounced and oftentimes rather sharp, especially in the evenings. She's learning a rhythm, it seems, but I don't know what she's going to do as the space in my belly becomes way too cramped for her to move as usual. I go to see the doctor again in a couple of weeks, just for a checkup. If it gets worse I'll seek a little more help.
I've been baking today. Making potato candy is typically kinda arduous because of the rolling and mashing, but Mom had the bright idea to bring it together using the dough hook on Memaw's old mixer. It worked like a charm! It made me want my own KitchenAid stand mixer even more than ever! I made fried hand pies for the first time today, too - a gentleman at Papa Bear's workplace asked for apple and chocolate, so that's what I made. I still have plenty of each to make more, I just have to pick up some more pie crust. And if you want me to save some apple pies for you, I will. I promise.
You'll probably roll your eyes when you come home for Christmas - Mom and I have been picking up lots of things to pretty up Marley's crib (which I did go pick up the other day) and cradle. It'll be fit for a little princess like ours. Our room will be crowded because of all the baby things, but it'll be all the more reason for me to cuddle up close to you. I really can't wait to have you home, even if it's just for a few days. I love you so much, muffin.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Send some love her way...