Sunday, November 2, 2014

Today will be one of the few rest days I receive for a bit. For two days my folks have kept me hopping from antique shop to thrift shop to yard sale, looking for baby things. I found a lot on the cheap too. Also last night I finally got together with Jennifer and did the baby shopping at Wal*Mart, using the two giftcards I received for my baby shower and her store discount to get two of my big ticket items. I feel rather accomplished.

Tomorrow starts my birthing classes in Tuscaloosa - it'll be an hour's drive there, perhaps a little better, and we'll search out the local Babies 'R' Us to look and shop there as well. I only have 4 birthing classes to attend: Nov 3&4, and Nov 10&11. I'm somewhere between excited and dreading - I'm kind of expecting some trite, impersonal methods and information I already know. I'm sad too; I wish you were here to share it with me.

And a small miracle has happened - my mom's taught me to play Sudoku! Looking at the board in my game app, I still can't understand how you can solve with those numbers all around the grid. It's a simple game of logic - eliminating what you know to be true to solve each box. I know it's not a team game or a competitive one, but I can't wait to play it with you all the same. It's mentally exhausting still, so I can only play a handful of games before I stop, but I'm glad I know how to play now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love her way...