I got to hear from you in a very early text this morning - but I expected that. I can only imagine how busy you've been most of the day, and how tired you are. I didn't get to hear from you beyond that, with the exception of a quick text letting me know that you had night duty tonight. It sucks so bad - you're back for just a little bit, but they're keeping you busy. I miss you terribly still.
Marley and I had a checkup today - everything is still ideal and on track. Our neighbor across the way took us to Vardaman, MS for a little day trip (it's only about an hour's drive). The little town is the purported Sweet Potato Capital Of The World, and they're gearing up for their annual festival. Our neighbor loaded up the back of her pickup truck with a whole crate of sweet potatoes for about $100! Then she took us to a tiny sweets shop where everything is made with sweet potato! I picked up a marmalade made there, as well as some candies and cookies (shame on me). The marmalade is amazing - sweet and slightly tangy, but also quite mild; perfect to go on some biscuits! I also fell in love with their peanut butter fudge (yes, there's even sweet potatoes in that too), and their pecan sandies. I hope I can hold back from using all of the marmalade - I want you to be able to try it when you come home to visit.
I think I may have to speak to the ob/gyn again when I go to the appointment he scheduled for next week - most of my worst heartburn is relegated to evenings now, but it's being accompanied with some very uncomfortable aches in the middle of my back, just below the shoulderblades. I worried myself a little tonight by looking it up, and finding that it could be indicative of gallbladder troubles - a little more common in pregnancy than you might expect (definitely more than I expected). Tums and milk curb it for the most part, but sometimes it's difficult to get to sleep with those aches and pains. I know it would be ten times better if you were here, though - one good massage and a long cuddle would make everything go away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Send some love her way...