Merrit and I met up for lunch at O'Charley's today (your mom left the suburban keys and let me know I could use it to get out of the house). Kylie has gotten so big and adorable - if Marley is just half as cute and sweet as her, I'll be satisfied. She's already beginning to show again with the new little one on the way - no way to know the gender just yet. It was nice to sit with her one on one and just chat. To be honest, though, it's been nice to do that with almost everyone here in Evans - not having you here as support has been hard, but it's also been positive, since I'm not relying on you to keep conversation and connection going. I'd still give anything to have you here, though.
Liz and Micah were both here for dinner - aside from Micah, it was just us girls talking about this and that over leftovers. Micah did spout off some things that surprised me he knew - Liz says he's in some advanced lessons. Kid picks up quick! Tomorrow evening starts the Inspire conference, plus your mom and I have to hash out our timetable for Sunday morning - I have to be at the station by 8am.
Marley has liked stretching out in my belly today, at odd angles. I felt her try to lay longways with one end at my spine and the other end at my navel - as if there were room! At least she isn't curling up at the very bottom and kicking me in the cooch.... That's pretty miserable. I know she misses her daddy, though - she still loves hearing your lullaby and will react to it, either with a few kicks to cozy herself or a general feeling of peace. I still don't quite know how she does that...
I miss you too. I wish it took just the sound of your voice to completely set me at ease, but I don't think I'll really be myself again until you're here with me, where I can hold you and be held by you. I need my sailor here with me. I miss him and I love him, more and more with every breath and every heartbeat.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Send some love her way...