Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm home. Last night was more exhausting than the conference, if you can believe it - the minute my head hit the pillow, I was done. For about three hours, anyway. Then I woke up, and was achy and tired and Marlena wouldn't stop moving around. The train ride home was pretty uneventful; I tried to sleep a little, but different things kept getting in the way - noisy kids in the seats ahead, getting thirsty, having to pee, neighbor shifted, Marley shifted, leg fell asleep... It was terrible. The train was late getting into my stop as well, making Dad late for band practice.

It was nice to meet the band, though - it was my first time being introduced to Kreek. Dad tried to get me into the band room to sing, but I had completely conked out on our hostess' couch. I was just so done. I felt a little better after the snooze, but I've been battling heartburn pretty much all day as a result of the overindulging at the conference. And the heartburn was powerful enough to make the middle of my back ache, and the ache was painful enough that it became unpleasant to breathe. I'm still kinda there now, as I settle in to sleep tonight.

Oh, I'll probably SQUEE about this the minute I have a phone call from you, but MSPA finally updated!! Ooh, I can't wait for you to read it so we can giggle over it and discuss what's happening! That and the new Sailor Moon Crystal episode helped me forget my aches and pains for a while. It would be so much better if you were here with me, though - I'd love to hear you doing your voice acting while we cuddle. 

Your mom did ask me if I was worried now that I couldn't hear from you regularly. And, as I told her, I'm more sad than worried. You're somewhere beneath the waves of the world, encapsulated by various metals against the tides, and your crew has your back as much as you have theirs. As long as I remember this, I don't have to worry about you. I know you'll come home to me, safe and sound. I miss you more for my sake - it's so hard not to be able to curl up close to you tonight after coming home from your family's place. I can only guess where you're going and for what reasons you're heading there. But don't forget that I love you, more than anything, and I will wait for you. -We- will wait for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love her way...