Friday, October 17, 2014

I woke up very late today, after going to bed late. I picked up the Phoenix Wright game again, and it's every bit as tricky as before, if not worse. I'm already in the midst of the main case. I wish you were here to play it with me - we did so well on that first case together, noticing every little detail. We work well together on puzzles like that, I think... That makes me happy. But then, you make me happy in general.

The women's conference began tonight - Marley didn't quite know what was going in, only that she heard so many voices. It excited her. And while the praise music wasn't as loud as it would be in a bar, she felt those drums, and loved them. I got to meet Devon's mom, Terri, as well - I already like her, I think. Perhaps it's her complexion and hair color, but she reminds me of my mom a little bit. Anyway, this was just the opening service for the conference, and it picks up tomorrow morning and continues all day. I hope I have the stamina to make it through - just standing for the praise music put a little strain on my body. But it promises to be fun.

Already, before the conference started, I've been trying to look through myself for flaws... And I have found an important on, something I've scolded myself about since becoming pregnant. I'm selfish. So many people around me tell me I'm the most giving and loving person they know, and while I do try to be these things, it hasn't stopped me from being covetous of what others have and materialistic in general. I'm constantly worried about what I can do to enrich MY life in some way, either through things or experiences - I keep thinking my life will be better if I can do this or have that, and I won't have to worry as much as a result. The vow renewal is my most immediate example, as it's something we both want - but I've never asked or even mentioned a honeymoon, or any trip that would last longer than a week with just the two of us. I've squealed over the idea of going to DisneyWorld with you, since it would be that sort of trip, but I knew it was out of our reach, and may yet be for some time. I dream of a lovely house like your mother's, with wide rooms that can hold our large families. (And beautiful ornaments on every surface - I would light a candle at least once every day!) I wish for the energy and stamina and willpower that both my mom and yours seem to possess, that I could be a better housewife and mother in the long run - a better me all over. And all of that is just selfish, in the end. God gives us enough, if we can use it properly, you and I. So, I want to try and explore this needy nature of mine, and cut it off at its root if I can. I just... don't yet know where to start. I hope this conference will be what I need to find a starting point.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Send some love her way...