Marley's movements inside of me are sporadic. I don't think she quite understands why she suddenly hears new voices more often. Most times the little thumps are fine, but occasionally she'll give a good hard shove that'll catch me by surprise. I think if you put your head there against my belly, one of her kicks would knock you pretty soundly. I -know- from our What To Expect book that, if you put your head there against my belly, you just might hear her heartbeat.
Your sister's car broke down - she's having a hard time comprehending how the engine in a two year old car could suddenly just break. But two different places have confirmed that it's a loss. The Kia dealership is offering her deals to replace the car, since it would be cheaper in the long run than installing a new engine, and she's mulling them over and haggling with them. When I gave her a hug tonight, she started to cry - I hate it that she's been thrown such a sudden curve, and that she's so stressed out by the whole thing. She was happy to get to rub my baby belly, though - I think it took her mind off of things for a few moments.
The bed here at your mom's place seems a lot bigger without you. I miss being able to snuggle close to you even more here than I do at my parents' place. I would never accuse your family of being unfeeling, they're all dear and sweet people, but I feel like they get too caught up in 'doing' to worry about 'being'. I love it when I can just 'be' with you, not worrying about what needs to be done in the outside world. Being without your hugs and kisses has, I think, made me more tense of a person, leaving me with the sensation of leaving a plush carpeted floor and stepping out onto a cold tiled one - walking forward is easily done, but it's nowhere near as pleasant without you by my side.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Send some love her way...